The Director of Flavors R&D is responsible for ensuring optimal analytical testing in flavor development.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
1. Establish and develop a qualified and motivated team, leading, assessing and developing direct
subordinate employees in a professional and disciplinary capacity.
2. Determine individual personnel measures in consultation with HR.
3. Plan personnel, material and financial resources, adhering to the approved budget and
introducing suitable measures to counteract potential and actual deviations in consultation with
the line manager.
4. Continuously standardize and optimize processes and organizational structures and initiate
5. Implement and ensure an optimum exchange of information within the division and with the
6. Implement and ensure efficient and effective processes in the company's internal IT systems
and their documentation.
7. Conduct analytical tests on raw materials, final products and customer samples concerning
previously unknown flavorings, their presence, storage, degradation etc., and recording and
maintaining this in the database.
8. Generate and further develop expertise in food and flavoring chemistry and analysis in the form
of documentation, communication and training sessions.
9. Prioritize and ensure optimum advice and support for flavorist technicians in flavor
10. Conduct specialist discussions and provide support in the development and implementation of
new analytical methods and regulations, taking the latest scientific findings into account.
11. Ensure that analysis results are provided in the best way possible and possible recommended
actions are derived, and deal independently with complex issues.
12. Implement guidelines and structures for documenting and managing the results of analyses in SAP.
13. Implement in-house and statutory specifications and guidelines on hygiene, HACCP, food safety, occupational safety and environmental protection, ensuring that these are implemented in subordinate organizational units.
*Responsible for Quality, Food Safety and Legality.
1. Problem Solving/Analysis
3. Communication Proficiency
Work Environment While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles, moving mechanical parts and vibration. The noise level in the work environment and job sites can be loud. This position is occasionally exposed to wet, warm, humid and cold temperatures.
Physical Demands The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to sit; stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work This is a full-time position with regular office hours of 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Hours may vary on occasion depending on work load.
Travel Less than 20%
1. Graduate in Food Chemistry or similar
*Director of R&D Flavors V.01
2. 6-8 years of professional experience in R&D
3. At least 3 years of professional experience in a management position
1. Advanced education/degree desirable