Can be located in Midwest of South East, travel 50 - 70 %
10 years B2B experience managing key strategic relationships of major global players such as a Heinz or a General Mills or a Starbucks type company
Executive Vice President of Sales
The Global Key Account Manager maintains and expands relationships with strategically important globally operating customers. Assigned to one - five named customers, the Global Account Manager is responsible for achieving sales quota/CM1 and assigned strategic account objectives. The Global Account Manager represents the entire range of company products and services to assigned customers. Leading the customer account planning cycle and ensuring customers' needs and expectations are met by the company. Develops unique ways to grow the business with customers and provide solutions to management in the face of challenges.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ensure an optimum exchange of information within the division and with the interfaces.
- Implement and ensure efficient and effective processes in the company's internal IT systems and their documentation.
- Execute annual sales planning and constantly update customer-related forecasts, consulting the local AM and respecting global corporate guidelines.
- Develop and implement sales initiatives and implement business unit initiatives.
- Support assigned customers in the best possible way by establishing professional relationship management with the respective decision-makers. Proactively and continuously evaluate, coordinate and validate customer requirements in order to enhance customer loyalty and increase customer value. Coordinate and steer activities between the local customer and emplyer in order to ensure compliance with global customer guidelines.
- Price structuring, taking Pricing Desk/Pricing & Trading Desk Juice guidelines regarding ordering cycles, batch sizes and payment receipts into account. The current market and customer conditions must always be considered. Consult on local pricing with the AM responsible, taking the global cost agreements into account.
- Implement the operative targets (e.g. portfolio business, new business, new business fields/portfolio management) for the area of responsibility, taking long-term strategic corporate targets into account. Compile account development plans and update them regularly.
- Gain inspiration from global customer organizations with the aim of continuously optimizing processes and organizational structures, and implement corresponding measures in consultation with the line manager, implementing customer requirements in employer processes.
- Attain the sales, turnover and profit targets as well as introducing suitable measures to counteract potential and actual deviations in consultation with the line manager.
- Ensure and implement customer projects and track sample and quotation evaluation and contract status, including intervening at the customer site where necessary, coordinating local interests in the global customer organization.
- Ensure that complaint processing and the implementation of corrective actions in the emplyers organization meet all requirements
- Leadership & Ownership
- Performance, Agility and Passion
- Customer Focused and Consumer Driven
- Team Play
- Knowledge Improvement
- Entrepreneurial Thinking
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers and fax machines. Employees may work remotely on a permanent or temporary basis.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to sit; stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position with regular office hours of 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Hours may vary on occasion depending on work load.
Minimum 50% and Maximum 70-80%
- College degree in an applicable field such as Food Science, Business Administration, Marketing, etc.
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in the food and beverage industry.
- SAP experience