We are retained to fill this significant pioneer/leadership role in the B2B sector with a global player.
You will build/manage a team of around 15 direct reports globally with an operating (planned) budget of 3 - 5.5 million USD and influencing $900 million in sales.
You will be a highly visible senior leader in this $ multi billion globally known player and an early digital pioneer for them, so the prospects for further advancement are good.
The ideal candidate will have had a combination of startup/consultancy as well as corporate experiences ideally in a B2B digital arena. In essence you will be a digital leader of people who has solid business strategy skills, process improvement, idea to revenue creation facilitator with solid digital and data analytics exposure. A level of independence and global familiarity are also likely. English is a given, German would be a plus as potentially would other languages be too.
Objectives of the Position· Develop and maintain a global digital strategy for this business unit
· Develop, gain approval for, and implement proposals using digitalization that drive growth and increased profitability
· Establish and execute divisions digital development priorities.
· Establish, and manage to, annual budgets for the unit.
· Design and staff the divisions organization appropriately to achieve Digital & Data strategy. Effectively manage and develop the talent within the Digital & Data team.
· Provide appropriate visibility and reporting to stakeholders on the effectiveness of the digital unit, digital tools and project implementation.
· Collaborate closely with division leaders and regional Digital Champions to ensure complimentary priorities and to leverage opportunities and resources as appropriate.
· Expand the appreciation for, and opportunities provided by, digitalization in the global divisions market community.
Main Areas of Responsibilities and Key Activities· Participate with division management to evolve the commercial strategy in light of digital opportunities and to use digital solutions that enable break-through commercial and operational performance.
· Maintain current knowledge of opportunities provided by various digital tools and processes and continuously challenge the division organization to adopt transformative solutions.
· Cultivate a broad network and constantly engage the full ecosystem to develop and bring to division management opportunities to utilize digital solutions.
· Implement agile work methods to drive rapid and successful project execution.
· Establish and control both organizational and project budgets. Monitor project and operational performance to ensure the highest degree of performance in execution and the operation of in-line solutions.
· Hire as appropriate to achieve the strategic objectives. Manage and continuously develop organizational talent.
· Develop means to engage the entire division population in idea generation regarding business opportunities or functionality enhancements.
· Regularly participate with EC’s Digital Unit personnel and other corporate digital resource groups to ensure clear alignment of priorities, resourcing, and identification of further opportunities.
· Establish relevant unit-level KPIs. Develop efficient management controls and communication to ensure racking and visibility of success relative to key performance indicators.
If you have the qualifications please feel free to send in a resume and an idea of your compensation goals